Friday, March 2, 2012

Arizona anticipation

In 24 hours, I'll be on a plane landing in my hometown in the middle of the desert in Arizona. It's been about three years since the last time I was there, and I'm just so dang excited to go back.

Arizona is home. It's where all my memories of growing up are from, it's where I lived for the majority of my life, it's where all my best friends in the world are, it's just the best place in the world. I know it's going to be a whirlwind of a week- both familiar and unfamiliar sights and places and experiences, both friends I've known my whole life and friends I'll meet for the first time, trying to cram years of being apart into being together for just 7 short days. But I can't wait. I know it's going to be the best feeling in the world to be back there, and the worst feeling in the world when I have to leave again.

I can't wait for sunsets that paint the sky in the most vivid colors I've ever witnessed, and for just being able to revel in the beauty of His creation. I can't wait for cacti and rocks instead of grass and pine trees. I can't wait for sun instead of gross Harrisonburg rain and snow and cold gross weather.

I just can't wait. Tomorrow will be the best day in a long, long time.

No comments: