Wednesday, July 13, 2011

the things i've learned this summer.

I'm a big fan of lists, so here's one about lessons learned this summer as I look ahead to one more month of summer before going back to school!

1. Pursuing God with my whole heart and surrendering to Him is the most freeing and exciting way to live.

2. Family is everything. They're my foundation, my solid ground, my biggest fans, my best friends, and my favorite people in the world. I've loved getting to know them in such a new way this summer after a year away from home; they're the most amazing people I know and I have such a newfound love and respect for them.

3. Working as though for God and not for man is extremely humbling and motivating.

4. The city of Richmond is an awesome place. Glen Allen...not so much. But I honestly already knew this.

5. I'm crazy about my small group. I never realized how much I just love seeing those girls every week and diving into the Word with them. I crave time with them much more now that I haven't had it in a few months.

6. Hope Church is an incredible place for fellowship and community. The U at Hope has been the best thing to happen to me this summer- having such an awesome group of people to meet with every week has kept me passionate and excited about my faith and about people.

7. God is an amazing source of refuge, strength, and confidence. Knowing I'm in His arms and in His heart is the most comforting thing. Nobody can truly harm me when I have Him surrounding me.

8. The Beatitudes are powerful. Extremely powerful. Study them, and I mean REALLY study them. Your life will forever be changed.

9. When I let go and let God, awesome things happen.

10. I don't need a boyfriend to be happy, to be strong, or to feel loved.

1 comment:

Barb Welchlin said...

I love reading your thoughts & reflections as you continue on your life's journey. How powerful it is for you to know & share these truths. So often we take a lifetime to begin scratching the surface of knowing what you are already living. When I look back at my life at your age, what I wouldn't have given to have known the power & presence of God & the saving grace of Jesus Christ then. I began my journey at the age of 30, & it's been been within the past few years that I have truly had to 'let go & let God'... & yes, amazing things do happen when we accept the certainty of God's timing with all the details of our life. Thank you for your continuing blessings through your blog. You are an inspiration & encouragement to know.
Love,
Mrs. Welchlin (smile)